Those of you who know me well, you know that I am always searching for the perfect Paleo Pizza Crust and Paleo chocolate chip cookie (For those days when I am going to someones house and I want to bring dessert or going to a tailgate party) Well…. I came across this recipe that had great reviews and many have made it for a challenge program! I plan to make it soon, but wanted to share it with you now! Seems easy to make and it holds up well to the toppings! If you try it… please let me know in the comments what you think! Share with us all. 🙂
Pizza Crust (paleo, vegan, no nuts)
You will need: food processor, measuring cups and spoons, pizza stone or baking sheet, parchment paper, rolling pin (optional)
- 1/3 cup ground chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder (a little extra for rolling out your crust)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened (organic) coconut flakes (almost an entire 8 oz bag)
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground fennel
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix the ground chia seeds and water until it gets thick. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, add the arrowroot powder, sea salt and coconut flakes and process until it all starts to clump together (this will take a couple minutes).
4. While the food processor is running, add in the spices. Scrape down the sides if needed.
5. Add in the chia seed and water mixture and process again until it looks uniform.
6. Sprinkle some extra arrowroot powder on a sheet of parchment paper. Form the dough into a ball and place the dough on top of it and top with another piece of parchment paper.
7. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin until it is an even thickness (about ¼ inch thick).
8. Sprinkle a pizza stone or pan with arrowroot powder to prevent sticking and transfer your dough to the pan. Roll up the edges if you want a thick outer crust. Poke it a few times with a fork.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
10. Top with whatever you like and bake at 350 F for another 15 minutes. (organic, no nitrate ingredients the best)
PS. Paleo Chocolate Chip recipe will be soon! I think I FOUND it!! Stay tuned!!